Western Maharashtra is home for various rich resources of natural beauty. The Sahyadris, The Beaches and The Natural Parks are just the beginning of a bucket list. To encounter this diverse natural beauty from the Air by Paragliding or riding in a Hot Air Balloon would be an unbeatable experience.
Following are the Adventure Activities and Rides that will make you come back again just to relive the moment.
1. Paragliding – One of the most adventurous option to view Western Maharashtra from the Air is Paragliding. Fly like an Eagle with no worries as your Pilot (Tandem Paragliding) will take care of that. In Maharashtra, Paragliding is most often done in Kamshet and Panchgani, Tandem as well as Solo. Kamshet is near for people staying in Pune and Mumbai whereas Panchgani is near for people staying in Satara and Pune. The Paragliding Experience at both the locations is distinct and beautiful.
Kamshet provides view of Windmills, NH4 and glimpses of Valvanti lake. Kamshet is also considered as one of the best paragliding destinations in India. In contrast, Panchgani offers more of a thrill as you witness the depth of the valley from above and the vastness of the table top point. Best time to do Paragliding in any of the location is November to March.
2. Paramotoring – Paragliding with a very light-weight aircraft engine is called as Paramotoring. It is relatively easy, safe and most ready form of aviation. Paramotoring events are organized near Shirval, Pune. The backwater view of Veer Dam is spectacular as you notice the vastness of this lake. Small patches of farm field astound you with the shades of green. Paramotoring at Veer Dam is usually organized in Winter Season.
3. Helicopter Ride – Hover around the cultural town of Maharashtra, Pune in a Helicopter. Fly over this IT hub, witness the variety of landmarks Pune has to offer. Shanivar Wada, Dagdusheth Ganpati Temple, Deccan Gymkhana, Lavasa, Reservoir of Mutha River, Sinhagad, Magarpatta City and many more landmarks that defines the existence of Pune. Avoid Monsoon to relish a turbulence-free ride.
4. Hot Air Balloon – If you want to feel like floating in the Air, enjoy Balloon Ride near Lonavala. The smooth ride will engulf you in a 360-degree view, not just left to right but top to bottom as well. This 15 minutes ride will make your day enjoyable as you notice The Sahyadris and its nearby forts with an aerial view. Best time for Hot Air Balloon ride is December to April.
5. Private Plane Ride – To view a town like Mumbai from a Private Plane is an inexplicable experience. Enjoy the ride in a Private Plane as you fly over the commercial capital of India, viewing its famous landmarks and beaches like Gateway of India, Haji Ali, Bandra – Worli Sea Link, Juhu Beach, Aksa Beach, Water Kingdom and Essel World and many more. Avoid Monsoon to enjoy this wonderful journey.